Earn Online Money Easily At BUXP - Trusted Site

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Volume Shadowstorage for Vista User

Volume Shadowstorage is a shadow storage for system restore only on vista operating system.

By default, it will take up to 15% of hard disk space. Before that, I have no idea on this things, and I wonder why my hard disk space less and less by day. I use disk cleanup and clear everything, yet my problem not solved. Until yesterday, my hard disk space reach 0 byte. This shocked me for a while, so I google to search solution.

After some while, I found this post :
http://thevistaforums.com/lofiversion/index.php/t31277.html

I follow steps of Fat Jonny and it solves my problem.

For your information, cleanup system restore point here won't solve your problem.




















You need do it at command prompt follow steps by follow Fat Jonny instruction:

[[[This has been asked a number of times. As mentioned above it's because of system restore points. You can limit the amount of disk space used by system restore like this:

Open a command line as administrator and type this to see how much disk space is allocated:

CODE
vssadmin list shadowstorage


Now type this to change it:

CODE
vssadmin resize shadowstorage /on=[drive]: /for=[drive]: /maxsize=[size]


For example, to limit to 1GB on C:, you would type this:

CODE
vssadmin resize shadowstorage /on=C: /for=C: /maxsize=1GB]]]

No comments:

Post a Comment